Travel Guide: How to Get to Boracay from Caticlan and Kalibo Airport

My friend and regular travel buddy, Nick, and I traveled to Boracay on separate flights. He took the Manila-Kalibo route via Philippine Airlines while I flew straight to Caticlan on Airphil Express. I was able to avail of the Airphil’s promo fare and only paid P2,000 for a round trip ticket while Nick used his soon-to-expire PAL Mabuhay miles that he earned from his previous visits to Australia.

The Kalibo and Caticlan airports are the best access to Boracay, with the latter being the nearest to the island. Kalibo is an international airport so depending on the point of origin, this could be the best route for tourists who are flying in from outside of the Philippines. Caticlan on the other hand can only be accessed through a connecting flight from Manila.

So how does one get to Boracay from Kalibo or Caticlan?

From Caticlan Airport to Caticlan Port. From the exit door, turn right and a few meters away, you will be able to see the area where the motor tricycles are parked. There’s a ticket booth where one would pay P75.00 for the ride. This would include the boat fare from Caticlan port to Boracay port. The tricycle fare alone would cost P50. If you find someone to share the ride with, you will only pay P50.00 for both the tricycle and the boat fare. During my most recent visit to Boracay, I was about to pay P75 for the ride when a local lady approached me and asked me if we could share. Of course, I said yes. It would take at least 5 minutes to get to Caticlan port from the airport.

From Kalibo Airport to Caticlan Port. Once you get out of airport, vans and buses bound to Caticlan are immediately available at the airport terminal. Passenger fare for the minivan is P200. which includes the boat fare from Caticlan to Boracay port. Travel time is approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.

From Caticlan Port to Boracay Port. At the Jetty port, all visitors are required to pay for the terminal fee (P50) and environmental fee ( P75) before entering the building. At the entrance, you will go through a security search. You will then walk to the port and find the boat waiting to take passengers to Boracay. You will need to present your boat ticket before you get on the boat. The trip from the mainland to the island would take approximately 15-20 minutes. The earliest regular boat trip is 5am, and the last trip is about 10:30PM.

Boracay Port to White Beach. Once you get to Boracay port, tricycles are available to take you to the beach. Regular fare for each person is P20. If you’re with a group and you would want to rent one, charter rate per tricycle (not per person) is P100 for the local tourists, P150 for foreigners. Just tell the driver whether your accomodation is located at station 1 or 2 or 3 and he will be able to figure out the best place to drop you off. If you’re staying at station 2, tell the driver to stop at D’Mall. From the main road, you will have to walk for approximately 5 minutes to get to White Beach.

Welcome to Boracay!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Use Facebook to Comment on this Post

Filed in: Boracay, Headline Tags: , , , , , ,

Get Updates

Related Posts

53 Responses to "Travel Guide: How to Get to Boracay from Caticlan and Kalibo Airport"

1. Tripper10 says:

Thanks for this Helpful info’s Senyor… :)

2. Thanks for the info! :D Will be visiting Boracay again, and I kinda forgot how to go there! hahaha :D

• You’re welcome, Tina. I’ll blog about some cheap accomodations I found in Boracay soon. You may also find the info helpful. Enjoy!

• Trang says:

Dear Senyor,

I am looking for a hostel or guesthouse in Boracay since i am going to be there on 15th January. Can you suggest me some cheap guesthouses which are safe and clean for girl. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

3. boris says:

gerum, thanks for the info. (i am again green with envy hehe) i am certain there will be more posts of your boracay weekend… looking forward.

4. and thank you for visiting again, boris. yeah, there will be more. currently working on those entries :-)

5. this is a very helpful guide. thanks for sharing Gerum… i will definitely take note of these when i plan to visit Boracay… :)

6. thank you mervz! that’s great to know :-)

7. Norms says:

Does the minivan and boat fare rate stayed the same? We’ll be leaving tomorrow for vacation. Thanks!

8. jho flojo says:

Hi sir,,,,
    Thank you for your site!!! Its my first time to go to boracay along with my whole family we are bound to arrive at kalibo in this time 8pm. do we still catch the ferry to the island on that time. Whats the best deal we can get to go to caticlan port? we are 28pax all together. thx!!!!

9. beng mendoza says:

thanks senyor lakwatsero for the info. we are planning to go to bora this september. by the way, do you have any idea of the earliest time that we can go back from boracay island to kalibo airport to catch our 8am flight? is 4am possible? thanks and God bless.

10. beng mendoza says:

thank you very much Senyor Lakwatsero. :)

11. cha says:

Hi there! find ur blogs so helpful for first timers planning to go to Boracay. Will be going there in November. Would you know any house for transient? kase mahal if hotel, we’re like 15 people. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

12. Thanks for visiting cha. don’t know of a house for transient but you may check out my entry re cheap accommodation in boracay

13. Jan says:

hey I have questions! What time is the last trip of Van/bus from caticlan to kalibo? because our flight is 6:05am. can you please help me senyor lakwatsero. thank you very much :)

• Last trip from Caticlan or Boracay to Kalibo differs from time to time and season. During off peak, up to 7pm, during peak season, up to 10pm. Earliest trip is 5am. I hope this helps. :-)

14. che says:

Hi, I would just like to ask if we can still catch a boat from caticlan port to boracay if we arrive to kalibo at around 6:30 p.m.? I am concerned because we have our 8-month-old baby traveling with us and I would like to know if it is still safe to travel through boat late at night. Thank you so much.

15. May answer is YES to both questions, Che :-) Of course safety always depends primarily on weather conditions. But under normal circumstances, the 20-minute boat ride to the island is safe. Have fun!

16. Hazel says:

Hi senyor,

Could you suggest any cheap yet nice and clean hotel where we can stay for 4 days and 3 nights ??

Coz this is our first time that we will be visiting boracay on june with my friends and we dont have any idea about the rates, any suggestions ??

BTW youre blog is so helpful, and for sure we will gonna use it throughout our vacation.. :D

Thanks so much in advance

17. Tisha says:

Great post! I visited Boracay lately and blogged about it, Im glad I found your site and I featured it as a travel guide. The fare changed though, but is alright :)

18. jay-ar says:

I was looking at the internet on how to get to Boracay since I do not have any bookings or travel agencies that would help me go there when I crossed your blog. It was really informative, I actually took down some notes for my solo trip this weekend. Thanks!

19. roli says:

Senyor all the details that i look for is n your site!!! Thanx !!!

20. jessica says:

great post! yesterday my bf and i got a little crazy and booked a trip to boracay for this coming Jul 21. now i know how to get there :)….yup this gonna be fun!!

21. Psalm says:

Which part of Boracay shore did you take your pictures? I wasn’t able to witness that side when I visited Boracay last summer. Will be going back next month and would love to see that part. :) Thank You so much and God bless. :)

22. Ofelia says:

Hello!

Just wanna ask if what will be the last Van trip from Kalibo to
    Boracay? Our arrival time in Kalibo is 7:10 pm. Are Vans for Caticlan still available on this hour?

23. wiwieka says:

Hello…

I will visit Boracay this August 20th – 23th. I travel alone. Is Boracay good enough for solo traveler (woman) like me ?
    Where’s the best place to stay in Boracay ? whether White beach or Bolabog Beach ? I am looking for budget hotel as I am travel as a backpacker.
    If there’s anybody here wanna be my buddy, it will great to share the cost :-).

24. BRENCH says:

wow! thanks for this tip! we are going to Bora nextweek. It will be our first time there :) im browsing the net how to get there. Good thing nakita ko po ‘to… medyo worried lang ako na baka mahalan kami sa mga transpo fees from Caticlan going to Bora. Nag inquire ako sa travel agency sobrang mahal naman pala ng rate nila na P750/pax for the RoundTrip Transportation from Caticlan Airport-Bora Island-Caticlan and wala pa dun ang Environmental and Terminal Fees. I am so glad talaga i crossed this blog. This is a BIG help. Thanks Thanks much po! God Bless

25. dharzie says:

hello sir, ask ko lang, sa may Kalibo Airport, may mga nearest at mura bang hotels at kainan? thanks!

26. yolly mendoza says:

sir, we will be arriving in Kalibo airport at 7:25 pm, are minivans going to caticlan port still available..and what time is the last trip of ferryboat from boracay to caticlan port.. thank you n more power

27. vicky rose says:

hi my byahe po ba ng 2am na boat sa going to caticlan? kc po ang flight nmn pauwi ng manila is around 6am in the morning eh..what time pdeng umalis sa bora kaya?

28. Kathy says:

I just found out that we will be arriving in Kalibo at 11:05pm.. Is there any cheap bus and boats that we can get? I know after 9pm theres no bus or boats anymore.. Or second option is, are there any motel that is close to the airport?

Kathy

• Kathy, I believe you have the answer to your first question. In regard to your 2nd question, most recommended budget, cheap but very nice and clean accommodation in Kalibo is Ati-Atihan County Inn. (D. Maagma Street, Telephone No.:+6336-2686116 )

29. Jobelle says:

Hi! do you have contact no. for minivan/van for early reservation?

30. van says:

hi there,

my friend and i have a booked flight to boracay via kalibo this july… its our first time to go to boracay and i want it to be organize.. can u recommend a budget friendly/clean and with a great seaside view hotel where we can stay?

31. angelbo says:

Hi there,
    ask ko lang how much po kaya ung aabutin ng travel namin per person from bora to kalibo airport?

32. Ash says:

Hello po! ask ko lang if ano bang mas maganda, yung van or yung southwest tour na bus? may nabasa ako either ata sa van or bus, parang patigil-tigil kasi kumukuha pa ng pasahero?

33. yce says:

helo po!

ask lng po ako…approximately how much would it cost me papunta ng bora galing cebu?ur reply would greatly help me..thanks!God bless…

34. kristilyn says:

Hi, from the Caticlan we need to take a boat to Boracay right? I can’t remember how much we paid last time. Would you know? Tsaka ung 12 seater na van from Boracay to Iloilo? =) Thanks!

35. girl says:

thank you for the detailed info. very helpful!

36. Abi says:

Hi. We have flight to catch from klibo at 6:15am. What are our option to mae it on time? What can we leave in the mornin?