When one speaks of Pahiyas Festival, what comes to mind immediately are images of houses adorned with agricultural harvest and products like fruits, vegetables, rice grains, rice stalks, flowers, and ferns,woven palm hats along with brightly colored rice wafer of various sizes and shapes, called kiping, a type of rice dough made from a traditional recipe. Pahiyas, meaning decoration, is a harvest festival that is celebrated every 15th of May, during the feast of feast of St. Isidore, in the towns of Lucban (most popular,) Candelaria, Tayabas, Sariaya, Tiaong and Lucena City in honor of the patron saint of farmers and to give thanks for a good harvest and assure farmers of more bountiful harvests in forthcoming seasons.
CHECK FOR THE BEST DEALS AND HOTEL DISCOUNTS HERE
- BAGUIO ACCOMMODATION: Cheap Lodges, Inns, Rooms, Homestay, Pension Houses and Hotels
- BALER ACCOMMODATION: Cheap Lodges, Rooms, Homestay, Pension Houses, Hotels and Resorts
- LAGUNA RESORTS: Cheap Accommodation, Rooms, Inns, Private Cold and Hot Spring Pools, and Luxury Hotels
- CEBU ACCOMMODATION: Cheap Lodges, Rooms, Inns, Guesthouses, Luxury Hotels and Resorts
- PAGUDPUD ACCOMMODATION: Cheap Lodges, Rooms, Homestay, Pension Houses, Hotels and Resorts